Five Important Roles Required in the BPM Center of Excellence
An organizational change is possible only when all the employees actively participate in the implementation of the change initiative. In order to build a strong BPM Center of Excellence (CoE), you need to gather the most appropriate and efficient human resources. A BPM Center of Excellence is the meeting point of the experience, ingenuity and knowhow of business advancement, business change, performance management and identification and solution of problems. So, it is of high importance that the higher management chooses the right professionals for performing the significant roles in establishing a proficient BPM CoE, thereby making the change initiative successful.
The professionals forming the BPM Center of Excellence are extremely skilled and possess extensive expertise in the modules that aid an organization to flourish and gain a competitive advantage. Here are the key roles needed in the BPM Center of Excellence.
- BPM architect – It is a top-ranking position and a business process management architect is entrusted with crucial responsibilities. While selecting a BPM architect, you must make sure that the professional has experience of more than 10 years in the field and has worked on various projects in this time-span. He or she should be adept in the following.
- Business process definition
- Detection of errors and troubleshooting
- Operational and workflow advancement
- Documentation of business requirements
- BPMS application design
- Day-to-day business operations and finance
- Business process analyst – An individual in order to qualify the significant role of a business process analyst must be a skilled BPM practitioner with over three years of working experience in various operational advancement projects.
- Business process modeler – In the BPM Center of Excellence, the position of business process modeler is of major importance since the professional is required to have a strong understanding of important business process management concepts, business operating theories and fundamental IT applications concepts. Also, he or she should have experience in conducting interviews of business employees.
- Business SME – Although the SME will not be actively involved in the BPM Center of Excellence, the professional is required to be familiar with all the business areas the BPM CoE will specialize in. The chief responsibility of a business SME is to make sure that the BPM Center of Excellence team faces no difficulties in communicating with the right people, accessing appropriate and significant information and realizing the requirements for a smooth business operation. The professional is also accountable to ensure that a new business process design is valuable and viable.
- Business architect – In case a BPM CoE is required to work on a transformational project, the management needs to include a business architect in the BPM Center of Excellence team. A business architect plays a vital role by aiding the management in taking decisions regarding how the business process needs to change for fulfilling the set goals.
These are the five most crucial roles that are needed to create a skillful BPM Center of Excellence team. Make a discreet scrutiny and choose the best professionals for your BPM CoE wisely.